A well balanced life is essential for personal happiness and peace of mind. The challenge is to balance what we must do with what we enjoy and choose to do. This is not always easy. If, we are able to reduce stress and manage a well balanced life there can be infinite physical and/or emotional health benefits, here is a quick guide to transform yourself from average to ZEN.
Meditation involves techniques that induce relaxation, cultivate internal energy, develop compassion and encourage forgiveness, it clears the mind and promotes awareness (shop our meditations here).
- Lowers high blood pressure.
- Lowers blood lactate.
- Eases tension-induced pain.
- Boosts serotonin production.
- Augments immune system.
- Increases energy levels.
- Eases anxiety.
- Builds emotional stability.
- Boosts creativity and focus.
- Promotes clarity and inner peace.
- Induces a sense of happiness.
2. OIL PULLING
The concept is incredibly simple. Basically, a person swishes a couple teaspoons of a vegetable based oil (coconut, sesame or olive) in the mouth for 20 minutes and then spits it out and rinses well. Oil pulling is best done in the morning, before eating or drinking anything.
- Fight gingivitis.
- Combats bad breath.
- Brightens and cleans teeth.
- Detoxes the mouth and body.
- Reduces headaches.
- Coconut oil may inhibit tooth decay.
- Increases energy.
- Aids hormonal changes .
3. INFLAMMATION FREE FOODS
One of the first things you can do to reduce chronic inflammation is to consider removing foods from your diet that are thought to cause inflammation (dairy, meat, wheat and overly processed foods) and allowing anti inflammatory foods to be part of your daily regime (green leafy vegetables, celery, beets, broccoli, blueberries and pineapple).
- Boost your immune system.
- Lose excess weight.
- Slow down the aging process.
4. FEED YOUR INTELLIGENCE
The more you know, the more fulfilling your life will become. You’ll make deeper connections, discover new interests and become more equipped to reach your goals.
You can promote increasing your intelligence by:
- Challenging yourself.
- Thinking creatively.
- Doing things the unknown way.
- Seeking Novelty.
5. BALANCE YOUR CHAKRAS
In Hindu tradition, chakras are energy nodules throughout the non-physical body. Life force flows through these nodes. If they get blocked by negative energy, physical and emotional alignments may develop.
- Increased awareness.
- Charged passion for life.
- Possible relief from depression.
- More fluid physical movement.
- Boost in confidence and self-worth.
6. TURN ANGER WITH COMPASSION
By giving happiness, you receive happiness. Not only you are uplifting others, you are nourishing your own heart.
Ways to practice compassion:
- It's easier to keep in mind that everyone is doing the best they can, from their own level of consciousness.
- Smile more often.
- Say I love you to people you love.
- Let people speak without interrupting.
- Helps you let go of judgment.
- Improves happiness.
- Promotes a harmonious life.
- Creates a great karma.
- Renounces anger and aggression.
- Elevates your vibration.