Many say beauty comes from within, but whether you purposefully disagree with beauty ideals or are the first to jump on the latest trend, most of us spend a lot of time focused on our own external appearance with the goal of looking more “beautiful.” But what does it really mean to be beautiful? And does pampering and altering our physical appearance really make us any more beautiful in the end?
The standards of female beauty have become progressively more unrealistic and unattainable. We need full-time hairdressers, heavy make up, physical trainers, and dietitians just to attempt to keep up.
The truth is that most of us aren’t “beautiful” by the current media standards of beauty. And even models and actresses are outed as less than perfect when they are caught in their natural state. Maintaining that standard of perfection must be exhausting and humiliating.
Even though we know this standard of beauty is unrealistic and unattainable, most of us spend far too much time, emotional energy, and money, attempting to keep up. It doesn’t matter whether you are young with enviable skin, great body or perfect abs, you probably focus far more on your perceived flaws than you do on any aspect of your true beauty.
If beauty really is about happiness, confidence and self-love – wouldn’t our “beautifying” time be better spent doing things that make us happy, boost our confidence and make us love ourselves more? Could we just walk away from all the fake standards of “beauty” and focus on the little things that do matter like everything that makes us joyful?
With practice, this can be done! For those of us in the 99% who will never make in the pages of a magazine, we can feel absolutely beautiful by shifting our actions and attitude.
Here are 10 simple but powerful ways to feel Beautiful.
1. Remember the power of positive thinking: Positive Thinking is an emotional and mental attitude which consists in focusing on the bright side of our life. We need to realized that our thoughts good or bad shape our reality, so we may want to focus on the positive rather than the negative. Every experience and person we manifest into our lives is there to teach us something wonderful, that will shape us later in the humans that we are meant to be.
2. Smile therapy. It’s contagious! Others will want to be with you. You will be helping others feel good. When we smile, it can help us look better, less tired, less worn down and if you try, even when it’s difficult to smile when you are not feeling good, there is a chance it might improve, affect or change the way you are feeling.
3. Be amazed by the uniqueness and perfection of your body. No matter your size, shape, or age, your body is a miraculous temple and you were created unique and special just the way you are.
4. Appreciate your flaws. You are part of the Great Community of Flawed People. Welcome to the club. So embrace your flaws as a reminder of your connection to humanity. Flawed is the new perfect.
5. Kind people are beautiful. A kind person is exquisite in their beauty. It shines from them like a beacon of hope and peace.
6. Practice compassion. If helps if we carry ourselves with compassion, towards us and everyone around us. Remember everyone is doing the best they can from their level of consciousness.
7. Discover your passion. Do you have a hobby? If you do, make some time out of your schedule to practicing, and getting better at it. If you don’t have a passion or hobby – or aren’t sure what you want to do yet, try anything and everything because you’ll find what it is that you DON’T like – which will get you closer to finding out what it is that you do.
8. Water is cleansing energy. Whether you want to feel beautiful or look beautiful, H2O can help you jump to start your weight loss program, bring radiance back to your skin, greatly improve your digestion and vitality and even cleanses the energy of your negative thoughts. Water must be your BFF when it comes to looking and felling beautiful.
9. Make up is a choice. Don’t fall into the fake ways to look “beautiful” by hiding who you truly are. We are on an era where women want to be accepted and we have to start by accepting ourselves as we are, imperfect, unique and beautiful. Choose clean makeup that will enhance your true natural beauty.
10. Create beauty around you. Let your surroundings reflect the beauty inside of you. Remove anything in your life that won’t resonate with love and beauty. Clean your house, add flowers. Let your home be filled with your beauty and start manifesting everything that you want to be.
Remember one thing. If we teach our brain to constantly focus on the positive, our reality will be transformed into the most beautiful experience.
Enjoy being beautiful!