More makeup, less makeup, makeup free??? It isn’t about a style preference or even whether or not you chose to wear makeup; it’s about the deceptive notion that we need makeup to be complete. We establish a love for ourselves at a young age based upon an appearance that isn’t truly who we are. Makeup is suppose to enhance our own beauty not the other way around.
According to skincare experts, going completely make-up free for at least two days a week can result in younger, healthier looking skin in under a month, so here are 10 reasons why you should empower yourself and go makeup free at least 2 days a week.
- People will look at your face and see the real you, not a perfect unrealistic version of you (its ok to be imperfect).
- If we are trying to fight the body ideal, we should also try to fight the makeup ideal, women are expected to cover up pimples, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles. We should promote taking good care of our skin, not hiding our imperfections with makeup.
- Parabens from makeup accumulate throughout the day within the pores and the outermost layers of the skin. This accumulation can lead to the breakdown of collagen and elastin in the skin (the things that make our skin look youthful).
- Wearing makeup everyday blocks the formation of new cells, avoiding skin cells to regenerate, promoting the risk of fine lines forming on our face.
- Chemical makeup often clogs the oil glands and impacts your pores, making them appear larger.
- With the accumulation of all the make-up in our pores, no matter how rigorously we clean the skin, there will always be some make-up left behind which always transforms into impurities for the skin.
- We start wearing makeup before we even have a chance to know who we are without it, let alone love who we are without it.
- You will have more free time. Just think about the amount of time you will save and use for extra sleep for example.
- You will learn to love yourself for who you are. That will only help you manifest a more loving reality.
- This will boost your confidence and your confidence will boost the confidence of someone else.
When wearing makeup try using respectful brands that care for the planet and all living creatures including you. The closer your makeup mirrors what you really look like, the better. And never forget a girl who is confident in her own natural skin is more beautiful than any girl who wears all the makeup in the world. Empower your local girl gang and go make up free!