It’s the time of year we all want to look and feel healthy, but also splurge ourselves with yummy food. We’ve put together our favorite vegan recipes so you can “have your cake and eat it too”, these easy to make vegan meals are delicious, nutritious and will keep your summer bikini body intact.
1. BASIC VEGETABLE SUSHI
- 1 ¼ cup Water
- 1 cup of sushi rice
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tbsp. salt
- 3 nori sheets
- In a pot, add water and rice. Cook while stirring.
- While rice is cooking, in another small pot over low heat, add rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Once the rice has cooked, transfer it to a bowl.
- Add the vinegar mixture, and stir.
- Cover with a damp towel, and let cool until room temperature.
- Chop the vegetables into thin strips.
- Take one nori sheet and place it on a sushi carpet.
- Spread a third of the rice onto the nori in a thin layer.
- Add vegetables in a line in the middle of the rice.
- Roll it.
- Slice the roll into six pieces.
- Repeat to make two more rolls.
2. VEGAN PASTA
- 1 Avocado
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 cup of onion powder
- 1 cup of garlic powder
- ½ lemon
- Cook pasta
- In a blender, add avocado, olive oil, basil leaves, salt, onion and garlic powder. Lemon juice.
- Add to the pasta and mix.
3. VEGAN QUESSADILLAS
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup of onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 box of beans (Drained and mashed)
- ½ cup of spinach
- ½ cup of mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups of vegan cheese (Shredded)
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ cup of salsa
- 4 tortilla shells
- In a pan, add butter, sliced onions, chopped garlic, salt, mushrooms and beans. You can drained it or mashed.
- Then, add corn and salsa sauce (optional).
- In another pan, add butter and put one tortilla shell. Add vegan grated cheese on it with the first mixture with beans and let it cook.
- Add another tortilla shell on the mixture. Flip the quesadillas and cook the other side.
4. VEGAN PAD THAI W/ PEANUTS
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 oz of peanuts
- Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (w/ no salt and sugar)
- 1 tbsp. water
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Rice noodles
- Cook rice noodles.
- Cut the vegetables into thin strips.
- Cut onion and peanuts.
- Drain rice noodles.
- In a wok pan, add olive oil, sesame seeds and onion.
- When the onions are light brown, add the vegetables.
- Add peanut butter and water.
- Finally add soy sauce.
- Serve the rice noodles then add the vegetables.
- Add parsley and crushed peanuts on top.
5. SUMMER SALAD
- 1 mango
- 1 lemon
- 1 shallot
- Quinoa and brown rice
- 1 box of beans
- Fresh greens of your choice
- Cut the diced mango and cut the shallot in thin slices.
- Cook quinoa and brown rice. Then add to a bowl.
- Add beans, shallot, mango and greens.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and add salt to taste.
6. VEGAN PIZZA
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp. Water
- 3 tbsp. organic sugar
- ¾ tsp. instant yeast
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tbsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tbsp. salt
- 5 plum tomatoes
- ¾ tbsp. Italian herb mix
- ¼ oz of tofu
- 2 tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 cup of almond milk
- In a container mix, water, ¾ tsp of salt, organic sugar and instant yeast.
- Add all-purpose flour and knead with fingers until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Cover it and let rest for 20 minutes.
- In a blender, mix baking soda, 1/8 tsp salt and plum tomatoes.
- When you have a perfect sauce, bake it during 6 minutes and add Italian herb mix.
- Separately mix, tofu, ½ tsp salt, tapioca starch and non-dairy milk.
- Zimmer on the stove until you have a thick paste.
- Take your pizza dough, add a pinch of flour and stretch the dough into a round disc with a rolling pin. Using your hands, form a lip around the edges of the pizza.
- Prick the dough with a fork and bake at 480°F during 3 minutes.
- Then add tomato sauce and tofu sauce to your pizza and veggie toppings of your choice.
7. VEGAN COOKIES
- 4 oz of rice flour
- 2 oz of sugar
- 2.5 oz of almond milk
- 2 oz of hazelnuts
- 1 oz of almond powder
- 2.5 oz of chocolate
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 305°F.
- Crush the hazelnuts with a rolling pin.
- Cut the chocolate and put it in a bowl.
- In a container, mix rice flour, sugar, almond powder, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Add almond milk, chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Roll each cookie and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Press an indentation into center of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 13 minutes.